Friday, July 5, 2013

july is when i buy nothing new (for myself) \\ week one

first of july is the beginning of a new financial year. i made a pledge to myself that i will not buy anything new for myself this month. i don’t know how well i will go but time will tell.

i had really bad self-regulation last month. i literally bought something for myself, be it a new pair of shoes or a new blouse every time I go into the shops. or if i didn’t go into the shops, i’d buy something online.  everytime we go to kmart or big w, i felt oblige to buy new daycare clothes for boo, or we’d walk out with a toy truck or a toy car for him. even though my purchases are not very expensive but i feel like such a greedy person because i really don’t need another pair of shoes or another blouse. mind you, some of the expenditures such as the two birthday presents for two boys who are turning two in july were unavoidable.

i subscribed to a number of online shopping sites such as ozsale, buy invite, brands exclusive, ASOS, our deals. every morning, i would receive promo emails from these sites and i would delete them before i have a chance to read them. i hope i haven’t missed out on some super duper good deals!

normally when i need to take a break from work, i would “window shop” on ASOS to check out what’s new or on sale and i would often save items i like to my “bag” so that i can keep an eye on them. so far this week, i have not been on ASOS (yet) but i can hear it calling me…..

No comments:

Post a Comment