Thursday, July 18, 2013

july is when i buy nothing new (for myself) \\ week three

it's been 18 days since i bought something new for myself. 

it hasn't been easy. especially the first week. straight after i made my pledge, i received an email from ASOS telling me there is a further 10% off already reduced items, my work colleague tells me about the online sale Wittner is offering - two pairs of leather boots for $200!!! various internet sites are offering free shipping with no minimum spend on the last day of the month. 

arghh...why did i make this pledge to myself? most importantly, why did i tell Jim about it and publish it on the blog?!? 

a part of me tells me i'm not far from the finishing line and i should keep to my pledge but a part of me is telling me to just give up. what difference does it make if i stick to my pledge and go crazy and buy like there is no tomorrow on the first day of August?!? 

i said to Jim last night i've bookmarked two items from this site offering free shipping and i'll put through the order on the last day of the month before the promotion finishes...he thought it was such a silly idea and told me to just put the order through already!

in case you are wondering, no, i haven't logged onto ASOS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment