Wednesday, March 5, 2014

to baby #2: 10 weeks

written on 22 January 2014

today couldn't come any sooner. after seeing you for the first time at the dating scan two weeks ago, i've been counting down the days till today when i have my first appointment with Dr Ford. knowing from when i had your brother, i know Dr Ford would do a quick scan for me to check on your size, your growth and your heartbeat. and he did. he even printed a scan photo of you for me for keepsake. 

i was very relieved when the monitor came on and i could see you kicking and bouncing up and down as Dr Ford tried to measure your heartbeat. you didn't stay still for him long enough to measure your heart rate the first time but he got it eventually. your heart is currently beating at 172 bpm. he assured me that you are growing at a healthy rate. 

this week, the morning sickness (or all day sickness) is slowly easing away. my appetite is still not great and my tastebud is still somewhat bland but knowing that you're settling well in my tummy is all that matters. oh, this bump of mine is getting quite obvious and i'm struggling to fit into my normal work clothes and i don't think i can get away with telling people i've had too much to eat for any longer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment