Friday, August 16, 2013

follow your heart and you shall succeed


 
15 August 2013 was a special day for Jessie. she followed her heart and made one of her life long dreams come true. after months of hard work, research and recipes testing, her online cake business (o’CAKEsionally) was born and launched on Facebook. in the course of a day, the Facebook page for o’CAKEsionally has gained over 100 likers. 

i’m so happy for her because i know this is what she’s always wanted to do. Jess and i used to bake together a lot during our high school days. after i moved overseas, she continued to bake and every now and then, she would send me pictures of her creations.   

she first discussed her idea with me in June and we did a quick brainstorming session over the phone. within days, she started messaging me and telling me about the different cake recipes she’s tested and asking me for my opinions on how she could improve her recipes. she would send me pictures of her cakes almost everyday. some nice looking ones when the recipe worked and some ugly looking cakes when they didn't. she would bake them in different tins, using different recipes and tweaking the recipes as she goes to improve the taste of her cake. i'm blown away by her perseverance and creativity. 

it's pretty amazing what you can achieve when you are doing something you love. i'm envious of people who knows what they love, does it as a living and succeed. and i often wonder to myself if i were to give up my full time job, what would i like to do as a living? what would make me happy? and when i do find the answer, would i have the courage to follow my heart and pursue my dreams like Jessie? 

1 comment:

  1. oh yes, you were the one who brought me into the baking world! Love you ni jia aka my oversea consultant.

    ReplyDelete