Friday, September 13, 2013

maybe next time

the photography/memory keeping workshop competition winner was announced today.

it wasn’t me. i was a little upset when i found out but it’s behind me now.

never mind, it’s not about winning. it’s the process of taking part, working as a team with Jim to come up with an idea, getting him to take the photo for me and also coming up with a story to go with the photo.

and most importantly i believe we gave it our best shot and we (i know i have, not sure about Jim) have enjoyed the process.

anyway, here’s my (our) entry \\
This photo is precious to me because, even before I first laid eyes on Gabriel I could hear his first hiccups and cries, and straight away I wanted to tell him that everything is alright, that mummy is here to protect him.

When the doctor first placed him into my arms, he stopped crying and he looked up into my eyes. I knew right then that my career, my dream holiday to New York, all could never be as precious as this moment, as special as this boy.

I was fortunate that my husband was there to capture this moment, and I know that there will be plenty more moments in the future as treasured as this, and I do not want to miss a single one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment